How to? New to Jux
I just downloaded Jux  1.2.  I have no idea how to do anything. Is there a tutorial?  If there is I could not find it. Can you help me, please?
In the Help, there is a Getting Started tutorial in the Frequently Asked Questions, which is also linked from the Introduction. But first, does the Jux window fit in your screen? You may need to resize it to show all the controls, and if the size is too large, the Preferences button (second row on the left) opens a dialog with an option to reduce the preview size so you can resize the window to fit. If you have any questions about or after the tutorial, please ask them.
(12-26-2015, 04:17 AM)Garth Thornton Wrote: In the Help, there is a Getting Started tutorial in the Frequently Asked Questions, which is also linked from the Introduction. But first, does the Jux window fit in your screen? You may need to resize it to show all the controls, and if the size is too large, the Preferences button (second row on the left) opens a dialog with an option to reduce the preview size so you can resize the window to fit. If you have any questions about or after the tutorial, please ask them.

This is what the Jux window looks like when I enlagrge it. It doesn't show any more controls.  

In "Help" I don't see anything callrd "Frequently Asked Questions" or "Getting Started".

Sorry to be a real newbie. Huh
Ok, so assuming the help file opens when you click the second button on the second row, does it have a Hide or Show button in the toolbar? Depending on your Windows version and which IE version it has, there should be something like that to show the tabs with the Contents in it.

Are you by any chance running it in Wine in Linux? That has been known to have problems with CHM help files. Nobody has asked for it yet, but I should make a PDF version of the help available.

Also, the Enabled option in the Jux Exploring box should be ticked by default, so when you move the mouse over the preview you see different Julia shapes in the thumbnail, and can press J (or shift-click) to jump to that Juliia shape.
(12-26-2015, 05:47 AM)Garth Thornton Wrote: Ok, so assuming the help file opens when you click the second button on the second row, does it have a Hide or Show button in the toolbar? Depending on your Windows version and which IE version it has, there should be something like that to show the tabs with the Contents in it.

Are you by any chance running it in Wine in Linux? That has been known to have problems with CHM help files. Nobody has asked for it yet, but I should make a PDF version of the help available.

Also, the Enabled option in the Jux Exploring box should be ticked by default, so when you move the mouse over the preview you see different Julia shapes in the thumbnail, and can press J (or shift-click) to jump to that Juliia shape.

1st---I am using Chrome browser.

2nd---could you see the attachment I sent in the last email? It showed the window I get when I open Jux....

I guess I was in a rush before (I had to go out) because now I see the button you were talking about.  I'm going to try this tomorrow when I'm not so tired & maybe I will understand it then.
(12-26-2015, 01:38 PM)cyan Wrote: 1st---I am using Chrome browser.

2nd---could you see the attachment I sent in the last email? It showed the window I get when I open Jux....

I guess I was in a rush before (I had to go out) because now I see the button you were talking about.  I'm going to try this tomorrow when I'm not so tired & maybe I will understand it then.

I may be wrong but I believe Windows uses part of the IE engine to display CHM help files regardless of which browsers you use for web browsing.

Yes, I saw the attachment, you can resize the window to make everything fit. It all looks ok, aside from a couple of minor issues that I'll fix or look into. What is the Windows version (or emulation if not actual Windows)?

The Help also has an icon in the Windows programs menu that Jux installed.