How to avoid steps in coloring?
Hello Garth,
please what can I do to avoid the coloring steps you see in my pic. The tori should look like the third torus (first metapattern scale about 0,5 - 1,5) and with some iteration shift. Thank you and regards
Kaspar

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.xep   coloring.xep (Size: 2.46 KB / Downloads: 3)
Try setting the first metapattern to 2.53 and the first Curve under it to Shift. Without the Shift option, the gradient will repeat twice instead of once.

That works for using the whole gradient, and it works because the gradient bounces if you don't check the Wrap option. Unfortunately there's no way to use only part of the gradient to color around a torus without a color step. As I often do this using a complicated gradient and iteration shift to make each torus iteration different, I just have to accept the steps. That could only be solved by changing the way the metapatterns and curves work.
Hello Garth,
yes, it works, but my intention was to use only a little part of the whole gradient (s. pic) for coloring every iteration. But as you said this is not possible without steps so the sphere coloring seems to be an exception and it made me expecting that every constructor could be colored in this manner. It's not a big problem, but good to know. Thank you and regards
Kaspar

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)