How to? Xeno2.7 No files in Data folder
I've made it to the Displacement mapping tutorial with no issues thus far.

Step 7. File>Append...Open> Data\Single\Displacers folder

There's nothing in the data folder.   Huh

I had just worked through the Trees tut so I know there had been multiple directories to choose from and now there is absolutely nothing.

I haven't moved anything or done any cleaning or rearraigning of ANY computer files whatsoever.

What glaringly obvious thing am I missing?
XenoDream can't delete or move those files by itself. Note that the Data folder for samples is in the XenoDream program folder, and Open Sample Files is set to look there, but Append is initially set to the personal data location, so it may be looking at an empty Data folder there. Try navigating to the program folder (you can check in file explorer first to make sure the files are where they should be.)

If that fails, check your file system to see what appears to be missing.
Regards, Garth
Garth,
Your the man!
There's a reason they named Vader after you Wink

Any idea why Append is set there? Or more importantly why the tutorial doesn't explain?
I'd guess that because outside the tutorial usually you'd be using your own files to append?
(01-23-2024, 01:56 PM)Gwumpy Wrote: Any idea why Append is set there? Or more importantly why the tutorial doesn't explain?
I'd guess that because outside the tutorial usually you'd be using your own files to append?

That's correct; appending is generally likely to be using your own files. The tutorial does say to navigate to that folder but it was an oversight not to mention going to the program folder.

I decided much later it would be better to put sample files in the personal location so it's more convenient to navigate between them, but XD is stuck with having them in the program folder.