Two Iterators?
Dear Garth,

I am a newbie using XenoDream 2.6 running under Windows 7 Pro and slowly working through the “Using XenoDream 2.6” manual.

I understood a constructor to be a holon of an independent shape and an iterator a holon that repeats the constructor a specified number of times. The number of times is set by the Max Iter.

The first part of Section 2.7 of “Using XenoDream 2.6” manual you describe how to create two holons: An iterator (Holon # 1) and a constructor (Holon # 2). By manipulating the settings of BOTH holons, I created different images and all worked very well.

In the second part of the section, you describe the process as using Two Iterators. What do you mean by that?

Thank you!

Doctor T
The second part of the section shows how to make a spiral with two iterators and no constructors. An iterator doesn't only repeat a constructor; it repeats all holons. So if you have two iterators they will repeat each other, and this makes the shape more complicated (a true fractal), because the shape of both holons depends on itself and the other.
(07-14-2017, 08:50 PM)Garth Thornton Wrote: The second part of the section shows how to make a spiral with two iterators and no constructors. An iterator doesn't only repeat a constructor; it repeats all holons. So if you have two iterators they will repeat each other, and this makes the shape more complicated (a true fractal), because the shape of both holons depends on itself and the other.

Dear Garth,

Thank you for your reply.

Oops! I misspoke.  I should have said that an iterator repeats all holons, not just contructors.

However, in both parts of the section, the second holon is created by right clicking on the x axis (the horizontal red line).  What makes the second holon a constructor in the first part and an iterator in the second part?

Thank you!

Doctor T
When you right-click in the Holon pane, you choose from a menu. In the first part you chose one of the constructor shapes; in the second just Holon, which is an iterator by default. I should rename it to Iterator.