How to? Animate with Unlit Pictures
Version 2.5. When I use batch rendering (Animation tab), XenoDream always creates and saves a lit picture. Most of the time, this is a good thing. But occasionally I want the batch rendering to save the unlit picture. I suspect that there is a way to edit the .xep files that Create Batch produces, but I can find no reference for the meaning of the parameters in this file type.

I am hoping for one of two resolutions: 1)how to use the XenoDream tabs to set a parameter that skips applying lighting, or 2)how to edit the resulting .xep files to skip lighting.

Of course I would be glad to have ANY resolution that works better than what I am doing now. I am loading and rendering the batch files one at a time and saving the unlit picture from the Rendering window.
There is no way to bypass the lighting for batch renders. What you can do instead is set the lighting to the 'Ambient Only' preset in the 1.6 Basic category, so it's the same as the unlit picture.

If you want to use the existing xep batch files, the batch render tab has an option to 'Use Current Lighting' and ignore the lighting in the .xep files, so you can set the lighting up before starting the batch.
(06-03-2015, 08:40 AM)Garth Thornton Wrote: There is no way to bypass the lighting for batch renders. What you can do instead is set the lighting to the 'Ambient Only' preset in the 1.6 Basic category, so it's the same as the unlit picture.

If you want to use the existing xep batch files, the batch render tab has an option to 'Use Current Lighting' and ignore the lighting in the .xep files, so you can set the lighting up before starting the batch.

Thanks for the quick reply. That worked pretty well. The images rendered by the batch are almost the same as the images I rendered manually. The only problem is that lighting introduces weird borders between the lit picture and the background. See attached image. Even if this can't be fixed, this is a WHOLE lot better than manually loading/rendering/saving 4,000 .xep files.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I wrote the wrong lighting preset category; the Ambient Only preset is in 1.6 Transparent. Make sure the Soft option is off in the Edges panel.