How to? macro images
After using XD for years i want to begin with macro-style images of fractals.
But how to render them?
I like the style of Václav Pajkrt's pics, where can i set the depth of field in the render settings of XD?
Or is it necessary to export the mesh and render in a 3rd party 3D software?

Thanks!
Stephan
XD has DOF but as a post-render effect. Set the camera fairly close as you would for macro, render it, apply lighting including any background image or texture. Then in the Picture window Effects menu, choose Depth of Field and adjust the settings.
(06-16-2015, 09:33 PM)Garth Thornton Wrote: XD has DOF but as a post-render effect. Set the camera fairly close as you would for macro, render it, apply lighting including any background image or texture. Then in the Picture window Effects menu, choose Depth of Field and adjust the settings.

Thank you for that fast reply Garth!
I got it...
After playing around with the lighting, my images (fore- and background) are looking like "glued together". I mean, there is no global illumination, that gives the real touch, like global sunlight or so...
I think, that happens, because the background is just a 2D projection.
To be honest Angel  i  did not find a way to create a free new figure (like a plane for using as background as described in the manual). if start to render, i get the message "ordered render will ignore metamorph settings"
How can i do that?
The DOF effect itself is brilliant!

Stephan
Thanks, Stephan! The DOF has been through a few iterations and is as good as I can make it for a post process. I'd like to integrate it into lighting at some stage.
Yes, the background is a 2D image and not used for GI (it can be used for reflections). The render method should generally be set to Chaos (in the Rendering tab). Ordered rendering is an old method just for pure iterators.