Render Times and Exporting
I am new at this and won't likely be able to purchase the full version until next month (retired on SS and small pension). I have the trial version and notice the render times seem somewhat slow. Does this improve with the full version? Also I have only been able to obj export
one mesh so far. Does the render have to be finished for the export function to work? The interface is great and so intuitive; much like Bryce which I have used since the late 90's. You can find some of my art on Renderosity under the artist name Navim. Thanks! Confused
The render times can be slow, due to the method of accumulating a 3D point cloud, and with XenoDream only using one thread for rendering. The full version is the same. Mesh export is independent of image rendering, and it is best not to render more than small images before mesh exporting to conserve memory, although that shouldn't be a problem with the mesh export grid size limited to 200 in the trial version.

A more advanced program is due for release by the middle of the year, that will be fully multithreaded, and a bit more like Bryce in some ways, but will not be very backward compatible. Nice Sci-Fi images you have!
(01-25-2022, 04:57 PM)Garth Thornton Wrote: A more advanced program is due for release by the middle of the year, that will be fully multithreaded, and a bit more like Bryce in some ways, but will not be very backward compatible. Nice Sci-Fi images you have!

Great news!
Can´t wait for the new version.
I visit your page almost every day for getting news about a release Smile

Best wishes
Stephan
All what we got here's American made -
It's a little bit cheesey but it's nicely displayed.
(Frank Zappa)
It is still a few months away, but getting closer.
(07-20-2022, 06:25 PM)Garth Thornton Wrote: It is still a few months away, but getting closer.

if you are looking for testers or translators into the german language i would be happy to help.
All what we got here's American made -
It's a little bit cheesey but it's nicely displayed.
(Frank Zappa)
(07-20-2022, 06:25 PM)Garth Thornton Wrote: It is still a few months away, but getting closer.

This is exciting news!  Any updates?  Will this new program still be Xeno Dream, or something completely new?
(09-02-2022, 03:21 AM)Derek.Bentley Wrote:

This is exciting news!  Any updates?  Will this new program still be Xeno Dream, or something completely new?

There's no release date but I'm working on v0.97 now. It will be XenoDream X but different enough that it has only limited import. It's the same general idea but completely redesigned. Metamorphs can have up to 12 parameters, and the mapping from old to new varies from 100% to nothing compatible. Lighting is different, with panoramic environment mapping and a multi-layer material model with texture support. It has oversampling and full window lighting preview, and is generally easier to use.

Some old features will not be implemented in v1.0, including stereo cameras, pic textures and DOF. The 3D texture engine for materials is not applicable to backgrounds (unless used on a backplane holon), so I want to do a separate one that can do panoramic environments.

Many of the fixes and features I've been working on recently are to make sure it works as intended with minimal risk of having to break things for future fixes and features.