hatchery & Imblursion: Update to a Version for Windows 10 (64-bit)
We all have stuff we don't know yet.

The product info for plugins hadn't been updated for years so not including Windows 10 doesn't mean anything. I tend to use very standard coding for Windows aspects so forward compatibility is generally good. Sometimes installers are affected by security changes rather than the program being installed. But I haven't tested any of the plugins in Windows 10, which is more to do with the main problem: the only programs I have installed that could use PS plugins are 64 bit and not compatible.

Most PCs have had 64 bit hardware for a long time now, and been using 64 bit Windows. Windows also runs 32 bit programs. 64 and 32 bit programs can generally communicate data between them by following standards. But programs themselves are one or the other, and plugin architecture is part of the program so plugins have to match. However, as Krisi mentioned, there is a 64 bit PS plugin that supports 32 bit plugins, with some compromises in performance. That is the only way you can use these plugins in 64 bit programs.

An alternative is to download a free 32 bit image editor that supports PS plugins. Gimp has 32 and 64 bit versions in the same installer, but automatically uses the right one by default. You can force it to install 32 bit by running the installer in command line with "-32" after it. (I googled this; haven't tried it.)

I use Delphi for all graphics programs. I use php for some website coding, and some databases, but C++ and others I prefer only to read and not write and debug them.

Messages In This Thread
RE: hatchery & Imblursion: Update to a Version for Windows 10 (64-bit) - by Garth Thornton - 02-02-2024, 06:15 AM