.csv to .bin
undefined
Can you be more specific?
(12-28-2013, 06:59 AM)Garth Thornton Wrote: Can you be more specific?

I tend not to create a post and leave empty body textWink Sorry I do not get my mac+fire fox publish any post here. I had to change to Chrome, I hope it will work now.

I was trying to ask is if you know any way to open .scv files in RealFlow, or if you know how to convert a .csv file into a format .bin format.

Thank you very much and happy Christmas.

Cheers
Diego
Can RealFlow only open .bin files? I couldn't find any information on whether it imports anything else, only what it exports. Some people use Krakatoa to convert .prt point clouds to .bin files for RealFlow. I didn't have the file spec for .bin files then but I have it now and could implement it in future. The files are larger because they always include velocity, temperature and other attributes that XD would not export. For now the only way to convert from .csv would be to write a script in some language or 3D program that has the capability.
Hello Garth, I am actually working with Mikel from Reaflow, he is trying to convert the file in order to open it in RF, I let you know as soon as I get results.

Thanks for your support.

Diego
(12-30-2013, 08:43 PM)Garth Thornton Wrote: Can RealFlow only open .bin files? I couldn't find any information on whether it imports anything else, only what it exports. Some people use Krakatoa to convert .prt point clouds to .bin files for RealFlow. I didn't have the file spec for .bin files then but I have it now and could implement it in future. The files are larger because they always include velocity, temperature and other attributes that XD would not export. For now the only way to convert from .csv would be to write a script in some language or 3D program that has the capability.

Hi Garth, I have not found any way to import .csv in RealFlow.

RF can read .bin files but I don't know how to convert from .csv or .prt to .bin files, I am not Max-Krakatoa user so this is not a way for me.

I do not know if there is any application that converts .csv or .prt to .bin, do you know any?

Thanks for your help.
Diego
I don't know of any application other than Krakatoa that converts .csv or .prt to .bin, so I'll see what I can do.
(01-24-2014, 12:25 PM)Garth Thornton Wrote: I don't know of any application other than Krakatoa that converts .csv or .prt to .bin, so I'll see what I can do.

Hi, I have seen that Krakatoa is a standalone application and Thinkbox are bringing it into C4D, in any case it is an expensive application and I just need to convert the .prt to .bin, to read it in Real Flow and make other particles interact with the XenoDream ones.

I have noticed that when exporting the point cloud from Xenodream is much faster to use .prt that using the .csv. This exporting 4 million points is very noticeable.

Thank for your support.
.csv files are slower mainly because of converting the numbers to text. I am about to try exporting .bin files directly. Unfortunately RealFlow doesn't support particle color directly, only UVW texture mapping. Is it possible to make a texture that maps UVW to RGB?